Everyone has those days where you are just plain BORED. Lounging on the couch, aimlessly scrolling through your phone, staring up at the ceiling. In theory, there are plenty things to do! But sometimes, you just can’t think of one interesting thing for the life of it.
So don’t stare at the ceiling forever, or count all the bathroom tiles. Boredom is a problem everyone faces (especially on weekends), and Life and Lemons is here to help.
Can’t go outside because of snowy, or bad weather? Or perhaps just don’t feel like it? Here’s 30 fun things to do without leaving the house.
- Build a fort
- Read a book
- Start a bullet journal (I recently wrote an article on this that included page ideas and how to start: https://lifeandlemons.net/2019/02/03/how-bullet-journaling-could-organize-your-life-with-examples/ ).
- Play with a pet.
- Free write.
- Practice calligraphy.
- Watch Netflix or YouTube.
- Start learning a language. I suggest Duolingo, an amazing educational app that teaches almost any language (and it’s free!).
- Write a letter to a friend or loved one.
- Play a board game.
- Exercise (lift weights, treadmill, elliptical).
- Bake, or try a new recipe.
- Redecorate your room/ renovate your house.
- Listen to music and/or dance.
- Drink water (it has innumerable benefits… article coming soon!).
- Play video games.
- Try to solve some online riddles.
- Grow your brain with apps like Lumosity that use fun games to develop skills like attention, memory, even math.
- Hide and seek (classic, but fun!)
- Make a music playlist.
- Brainstorm a wish list for birthdays and Christmas.
- Generate gift ideas for others.
- FaceTime with friends or family.
- Go to an indoor pool.
- Plan your dream vacation.
- Compose music on your phone with apps like Score Creator and many others.
Twenty fun things to do outdoors, whether you’re in the middle of summer or the dead of winter.
- Capture the flag with friends.
- Scavenger Hunt.
- Go on a walk.
- Visit a public pool or park.
- Ride your bike.
- Go shopping.
- Build a snowman.
- Shovel snow.
- Have a snow angel contest- who can make the biggest/most perfect snow angel?
- Snowball fight.
- Build a snow hill and carve it out to make an igloo (do so with caution so that it does not collapse on people inside).
- Build a snow hill and see who can stay on top of it the longest- try to knock each other off.
- Outdoor games- What time is it Mr. Fox, King of the Hill, Yard Olympics, races
- Games on a playground- Monkey on the ground, obstacle course
- Pool- Marco Polo, Sharks and Minnows, Chicken Fight, Diving for Rings/Coins
- Build a fort in the woods
- Draw with sidewalk chalk
- Go hiking.
- Jump rope or Skip-it.
Still bored? Odds are, no. Life is short, and I sure don’t want to spend hours of it looking up at the ceiling or staring into space, and I bet you don’t either.
Thank you for reading this week’s problem-solving article! You can scroll down through the Writing & Posts section to see past Writer’s Wednesday’s and articles. If you have any suggestions or issues I could post about, feel free to comment down below!